Paleo Diet Recipes – 2 Delicious Paleo Recipes For Liver Pâté
A good number of people think liver Pâté should only be eaten in moderation. However, liver is one of the healthiest meats around. No matter which paleo recipes you choose for liver, you are guaranteed healthy saturated fats and many important nutrients. For example, chicken liver has vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, selenium, phosphorus, and good cholesterol. Liver has a distinctive taste that doesn’t please everybody’s taste buds but these two pasleo diet recipes will certainly make you want to eat it more often.
Traditional chicken liver PâtéThe few paleo diet recipes for liver are really good. Paleo diet recipes like this one can easily make you reconsider your love-hate relationship with liver. You will need the following ingredients to make this dish:
• Half a pound of chicken livers;
• 1 clove garlic, minced;
• 1 large onion, diced;
• 3 thick slices of bacon, chopped in cubes;
• ¾ cup butter;
• 3 tbsp. sherry (or vinegar);
• 4 tbsp. chopped parsley;
• Salt and pepper;
• Fresh nutmeg (optional);
1. In a large pan, cook the bacon for 3 minutes under medium to high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and ¼ cup of butter and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cut the white stringy parts from the chicken livers and chop them up.
4. Put the livers in the pot and cook for 7-10 minutes adding some more butter.
5. When the livers are cooked through, add parsley, sherry, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Remove the livers from the stove and let them cool a little then blend in a food processor until smooth.
7. Pour the mixture in a serving dish, melt the remaining butter and pour it evenly on the blended livers.
8. Cover the dish and cool it in a fridge until the fat hardens.
9. Eat as a snack on celery and lettuce or on its own using a spoon.
Basil, cranberry chicken, cinnamon, and heart Pâté
This is also one of the most popular paleo diet recipes for liver.
- 1 cup animal fat (preferably duck);
- 2 ½ lbs. pork or chicken liver;
- 1 pork heart;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 2 large onions, diced;
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped;
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries, divided;
- 5 tablespoons freshly ground cinnamon;
- 4 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized);
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Unlike many paleo diet recipes that enable you to make not more than 2 servings, this recipe is for a huge batch that can be eaten by three to four people. Here’s how you cook the meal.
1. Fry the onions with the duck fat until soft, add garlic when onions are soft and cook until the garlic flavor starts to unfold.
2. Chop the heart and livers, add to the pot and cook for 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add basil, vinegar, and half the cranberries.
4. Remove from the stove and add cinnamon then blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
5. Halve the remaining cranberries and mix them with the Pâté in a large dish.
6. Add cinnamon, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Melt and pour the remaining duck fat on the Pâté and cool it in a fridge for 1-2 hours.
You can find many other paleo diet recipes for liver on the Internet if you want to eat liver as a main dish or a snack.